What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium-Nitride?
Magnesium nitride is an organic compound with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part the cubic crystals system. At the temperature of room, pure magnesium Nitride is a greenish yellow powder however, magnesium nitride that contains portions of magnesium oxide particles is grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium oxide is 100.95g/mol. Its density 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid, but is only partially dissolved in the ether and ethanol.
The melting temperature of magnesium nitride can be found at 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, like many metal nitrides, reacts with water to create ammonia. It is often used as a catalyst. React with acid or aqueous nonmetallic oxides that result in ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium has excellent corrosion resistance and greatly improves productivity. Magnesium also has high thermal conductivity, as well being resistant to corrosion and resistance to temperature. Magnesium Nitride has an additional significance since it's used as a catalyst synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What Do You Use Magnesium Nitride For?
1. A catalyst used to make the nitride out of other elements that have high hardness along with high thermal conductivity wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and higher temperature resistance. In the first successful chemical synthesis of cubic-boron nitride The catalyst used was magnesium nitride.
2. It is used for steel with high strength additions to smelting. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) replaces the magnesium that is desulphurized during construction steel the smelting process, and helps to improve the density, strength tension, and bearing force of steel. In addition, the application of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurization, can reduce the use of other additives, which can help lower the cost of manufacturing construction steel.
3. This is used to make special ceramic materials;
4. For the manufacture of special alloy foaming agent
5. Special glass for manufacturing;
6. Crosslinking of catalytic polymers;
7. For the recycling of nuclear waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride?
The main methods for making magnesium nitride involve direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, the method for resolving magnesium with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow the method of magnesium coil explosion in nitrogen atmosphere as well as low-pressure chemical gas supplementing method for product, self-propagating high temperature method for synthesis, nano magnesium nitride synthesizer and many more.
Recently, G. Soto et al. produced amorphous magnesium-nitride films with different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a molecular nitrogen atmosphere by an application of pulsed lasers. These methods limit the production of industrial magnesium nitride due to their high costs, the lengthy process complex operation of equipment or low yields for magnesium nutride.
Although the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen is of industrial significance, the manufacturing of magnesium nitride powder requires more heat and a longer reaction time, and the form of the particles isn't perfect and easy to agglomerate, which can not meet the specifications of industrial quality. In the process of decomposition, NH3 can form N- with broken bonds more easily than N2, and the decomposed H2 will prevent the formation MgO, which is why ammonia gas could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used liquid ammonia as nitrogen source for the preparation of magnesium nitride powder by direct Nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions could be drawn: Through thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia is able to react with magnesium powder much more quickly than nitrogen to prepare magnesium nitride. High-quality magnesium nitride powder that has good purity and uniform particles is prepared by heating to 600, and then ammonia for 1h, after which it is heated to 800°C, with an ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min as well as the time for nitriding of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Supplier
We are a reliable global chemical materials supplier and manufacturer with more that 12 years of experience the supply of high-quality chemicals as well as nanomaterials like silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powders, zinc sulfur calcium nitride 3D printing powder and more.
If you're searching for top-quality Mg3N2 powder Please feel free to get in touch with us to send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)